CURRENT TEACHING SERIES
And When You Pray… : Sermon on the Mount
Sunday April 30 – June 11 | 10 AM
Jesus taught that prayer was essential to our life with God, and the very heart of how we move through the world. He said to his disciples “When you pray…” Jesus didn’t say “If you pray…” or “On those occasions you happen to think about prayer…” He wanted his followers to know that the practice of prayer is indispensable, not a nice add-on. Yet, many of us struggle to incorporate prayer as a meaningful rhythm and practice in our day to day lives. We may even feel frustration, guilt, or burdened by the whole practice. In the next few weeks, we want to slow down our pace in the Sermon on the Mount to hear from Jesus how to pray. In this opening section on prayer, we want to zoom out and ask what prayer is, why we do it, and explore the various forms of prayer throughout Scripture.
April 30 | When You Pray…
May 7 | Our Father
May 21 | Your Kingdom Come
May 28 | Give Us
June 4 | Forgive Us
June 11 | Deliver Us
ATTENDING 139 SMITH
For our in person gatherings to keep you and others safe we will have these practices and procedures in place.
Masks are optional here, but we are a mask friendly church. If you prefer to wear your mask please feel free to do so.
The balcony has a designated “mask-required zone” for those who feel more comfortable around others who are wearing one.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT
- Welcome Centre located at the back of the auditorium
- Hot coffee and tea are free at the cafe before the gathering. Specialty drinks are available for purchase as well.
WHAT TO WEAR
- We’re pretty casual! Our pastors are in jeans and you won’t see many ties. Wear what makes you comfortable.
- 3 levels of FREE parking in the parkade next to church on Smith Street
- FREE street parking
- Click here for a list of bus routes that service 139 Smith Street
- First floor of the parkade next to the church is wheelchair accessible
- Elevator access to all three levels of the church
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms on all three levels of the church
- Designated wheelchair spots reserved in both the first and last rows of the auditorium
- Trained service animals are welcome, as in all public spaces in Manitoba
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A CHURCH SERVICE
- 70 minutes long
- Worship through music, and other creative arts
- Biblical, dynamic teaching usually part of a themed series
- Question + Response time following the teach, where the teacher answers questions that have been texted in during the service
- A time of giving, where we financially support the work of the church locally, across our city and around the world
- Nursery for parents with infants at the back of the auditorium equipped with nursing chairs and support pillows, and a change table
- We have excellent programming, and fully police checked volunteers, for children and youth during Sunday services, beginning with infants all the way up to Grade 7
- Infants-Grade 4 gather in age specific spaces on the lower level
- Grades 5-7 gather in the Youth Lounge on the second level during the 11 am gathering